Kate Middleton’s Stunning Jewellery CollectionNatural Blue Sapphires
The Duchess of Cambridge owns the most stunning collection of jewellery in the world. This collection includes rare and valuable heirloom pieces given to her by the Queen as well exquisite items gifted to her by her husband Prince William. Let us take a closer look at some of them.
It’s been many years since Kate Middleton and Prince William’s engagement, but the stunning 12-carat oval sapphire engagement ring that marked the occasion remains a phenomenon. Surrounded by a whopping 14 diamonds, the iconic ring that once belonged to Prince William’s late mother, Princess Diana, has a fascinating history that dates back a couple of centuries. According to Vogue, the inspiration behind the royal bauble’s beginnings dates back to 1840, when Prince Albert had British jeweler Garrard create a sapphire-and-diamond brooch for his future wife, Queen Victoria. “She found she loved it so much that she decided to wear it on her wedding day as her something blue on the front of her dress,” Garrard’s creative director, Sara Prentice, told the magazine.
The Nizam of Hyderabad Necklace
The Queen Mother’s Sapphire And Diamond Fringe Earrings
Middleton wore the famous Cartier Halo tiara complete with 739 brilliant diamonds and 149 baton diamonds on her wedding day, a piece originally gifted by King George VI to the Queen Mother who then passed it down to Queen Elizabeth II on her 18th birthday.
- The Timeless Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Jewelry Collection
- The Natural Wonder of Star Sapphires
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Impressive Jewelry Collection
- Corundum’s Chameleons— Color-change Sapphires
- The Word’s Five Most Famous Blue Sapphires
- Most famous Ceylon blue Sapphire ring
- The Natural Rough Yellow Sapphire
- Melania Trump: The First Lady’s Jewelry Collection
- Yogo Sapphires : The ‘Blue Pebbles’ of Montana
- Sapphire Mining